Toxins, in Infants and Toddlers

Baby bodies are so light that even a very small amount of a particularly harmful substance can be toxic. Additional issue is that because newborns and young children develop quickly, whatever substances they are exposed to can be heavily integrated into their body tissues. Infants and toddlers are particularly vulnerable to environmental toxins due to their underdeveloped neural systems, immature intestines, livers, and kidneys, which are responsible for detoxifying chemicals.

Although parents must exercise extreme caution when exposing their kids to poisonous materials, some compounds are thought to be safe for kids to consume up to a certain point before becoming toxic. These drugs may not always cause symptoms in children, but they are typically not toxic to them. The table that follows contains a list of these harmless chemicals:

Nontoxic Substances

  • Antacids
  • Antibiotics
  • Aquarium Products
  • Baby Oil
  • Birth Control Pills
  • Blackboard Chalk
  • Bubble Bath
  • Candles
  • Caps For A Cap Pistol
  • Castor Oil
  • Cosmetics
  • Dehumidifying Packets
  • Denture Adhesive
  • Deodorants
  • Diaper Rash Ointment
  • Dry Cell Batteries
  • Eye Makeup
  • Fabric Softener
  • Glycerin
  • Graphite (In “Lead” Pencils)
  • Hand Creams And Lotions
  • Kaolin
  • Lanolin
  • Lauric Acid
  • Lipstick
  • Modeling Clay
  • Multivitamins (Without Iron Or Fluoride)
  • Nail Polish
  • Petroleum Jelly
  • Putty
  • Shaving Cream
  • Soaps
  • Stearic Acid
  • Tallow
  • Teething Rings
  • Watercolor Paints

Note: Information provided on this website is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice or medical advice.

1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10